Thursday, November 9, 2017
Monday, September 18, 2017
Ego is treacherous. It deceives you into thinking that you are In control.. It gives you the feeling of pride and being superior in exchange of precious moments and emotions of loved ones.
It feeds on anger and pride.
It wastes moments which could have been turned into sweet memories.
It eats you up silently.
Tuesday, September 5, 2017
From air conditioned rooms of aziziah to cushioned tents of Mina ..then to the only carpeted tents of arafat..and then finally sleeping under the open sky in Muzdalfah.
At every single place we thought..'would we able to sleep here..and every single time that we proceeded to next place ..we realized we had so much comfort at the previous place.
We do take things for granted. The blessings, comfort ,health, family,friends.Probably we do not realize their worth until they are no more.
After the five days of Hajj , you do learn the art of being content and grateful. Appreciate people, comfort ,love and gifts you have in present. (P.s. Be it a simple tent or open sky..one thing was though common at each of the place .....'a sound sleep'!)
As you walk to long stretches in scorching heat for your pilgrimage, you can see after every few steps.. people in uniforms, volunteers ,teenagers and even school children..ready to sprinkle water over you to beat the heat .They defeat heat along with hatred.They spread love ,kindness and lots of smiles.
While focussing on non-issues ,we frequently tangle ourselves in the differences.
We forget these lines from the last sermon:
"O people: your lives and your property and your honour are inviolable to each other."
Yet we take lives for property and in the name of honour.
Lets beat this heat and hatred by accepting people for what they are.
Monday, March 13, 2017
So they say…“Do not believe them, go see it” I had never thought that I would instantly fall in love with Peshawar! This place has so much history attached to it...the hospitality is heartwarming and it is much more developed than our capital city. It was certainly one of the most amazing travelling experiences. Our visit included The Afghsanistan border at Torkham, beautiful but neglected Mahabat Khan mosque in Peshawar, the historic Khyber- rifles (also where Princess Diana stayed on her visit to peshawar) the famous charsi Tikka hotel Amazing dances and much more. There are so many different colors of human nature we observed. The weirdness (# the arrested tree) Beauty (#MahabatKhan Mosque with amazing intricate patterns) The brutality which makes you shiver with horror (#taimurLane tunnel filled with razors and blade to kill the prisoners by sliding them through this ) and The hospitality despite of language barriers (#amazing qahwas, amazing and welcoming smiles).
#charsiTikka #mahabatKhanMosque #peshawar #afghanistan #torkham #khyberrifle
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
This post is for women who have inspired ,lead, loved and shaped me directly or indirectly.
For my mothers, sister, aunts,teachers,friends,collegues
For all the malalas, muniba mazaris,mukhtarmais ,sharmeens
This is my 21 gun salute to women all around the world for
1. For rising up strongly every time they break.
2. For reading by magic, the heart, the mind and unspoken words
3. For multitasking each and every day. They can cook, read, teach, wash dishes at the same time without saying ‘ How can I listen?… I am cooking ‘(Not all men.. because rest of them do not cook;))
4. For not only multitasking but multi-hearing too.(Is that a word? I seriously think it should be).Listening to five people at the same time and the very next second registering the complaints of not paying enough attention.
5. For accepting to forgive thousands of times with a smile (ok and sometimes with rolling eyes)
6. For being the strongest pillar of strength God has made.
7. For listening to the same story tenth time with the same awe and excitement
8. For encouraging others even when her own feet falter with fear
9. For being the last one to sleep.. making sure every one has been fed and read
10. For being the unpaid Sunday worker happily
11. For expression of her love in thousands of ways which might be taken for granted but that doesn’t make her stop.
12. For comforting ,uplifting and cheering
13. For having the gift of giving
14. For possessing a heart that melts even for those who make her cry
15. For appreciating others while going unappreciated herself most of the times
16. For being the sun who light up the sky
17. For managing and conforming to the values of two different families at the same time
18. For radiating positive energy
19. For practicing ‘ others first’ without realizing
20. For agreeing to kill with a rolling eye instead of a gun and signing a peace deal merely with a glass of cold coffee .
21. And one of course for men who encourage ,support ,give space and most of all give respect to women.